Drunk Driving Laws, DUI Lawyers & SR22 Insurance Requirements by State
Drunk driving, commonly known as drink driving, DUI (driving under the influence), DWI (driving while intoxicated), DUII (driving under the influence of intoxicants), OUI (operating under the influence), OWI (operating while intoxicated), OMVI (operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated), DUIL (driving under the influence of liquor), DWAI (driving while ability impaired), DWUI (driving while under the influence) or DUBAL (driving with an unlawful blood alcohol level).
Consequences of drunk driving
- A criminal record
- The possibility of a large fine
- A drivers license restriction, suspension or revocation
- The possibility of being incarcerated and spending time in prison / jail
- Attendance at an alcohol and drug education program (DUI School)
- The possibility of receiving receiving community service
- The possibility of having your vehicle seized / impounded by the state
- The possibility of an ignition interlock restriction depending on which State you live in
- The possibility of losing your job or livelihood due to your criminal record and/or your inability to drive
- Your lifestyle could change drastically
- Your auto insurance rates will increase as you will be classed as a high risk driver (you will probably need to obtain SR22 insurance)
These are just some of the things a person can expect when they are convicted of drunk driving, DUI (driving under the influence), DWI (driving while intoxicated).
Is it really worth the risk? Well the simple answer is NO - NEVER!!
If you drink alcohol, get behind the wheel of a car and then drive, not only are you putting yourself at risk, you are putting other road users at risk.
Chances are though, if you are reading this now, you or someone you know have already been charged with, convicted of or affected by drunk driving.
Drinkdriving.org provides comprehensive information on each States drunk driving laws as well as each States SR22 insurance requirements and a directory of DUI lawyers so a drunk driving attorney can easily be located in your State & City.
You can also get a FREE lawyer consultation & case evaluation with a local DUI attorney in your city if you have been charged with an alcohol related driving offence.
We also have our on-line drunk driving forums where you can discuss the laws, procedures, consequences and penalties for driving under the influence in each State.
We provide an open community and comprehensive information resource for all people who have been affected by drunk driving / DUI in any and every way imaginable.